For a six months mission in an international organization in Geneva canton, we are looking for a
Change manager Officer
Role Summary: To support the organization’s mission of ending the epidemics and enable efficient portfolio management, Grant Management Division must operate with up-to-date and robust portfolio data, aligned business processes and integrated systems within a framework of continuous improvement.
The grant management Operational Efficiency Team is responsible for coordinating the continuous improvement approach through ongoing review, optimization, integration and enhancement of grant management operational policies/grant management regulations, procedures and systems.
The Officer, Operational Efficiency, will be responsible for the integrated design of his/her assigned business process into grant management regulations/operational policy, procedure, and systems, and for the successful change management, support, monitoring and continual improvement in his/her assigned area of responsibility.
S/he collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders within the organization and uses strong interpersonal, communication and diplomacy skills to integrate the perspectives of different stakeholders while still ensuring that the regulations, procedures, and systems developed are coherent, user-friendly and streamlined.
S/he provides strategic support to Grant Management country teams, logging queries, analyzing trends in support needs and proactively identifying gaps in key knowledge areas and skills. S/he collaborates with the GPS Change Coordination team to enhance training, manuals, videos, FAQs and other learning materials to improve implementation and user adoption of changes.
Job description / Key responsibilities:
- Main Tasks:
The Officer, Operational Efficiency will be responsible for steering an integrated, end-to-end business development and continuous improvement approach for the grant management processes s/he is responsible for. For her/his assigned processes, the Officer will be responsible for:
Grant Regulations and project management
- Coordinate grant management regulations / operational policy and process development across divisions and departments, ensuring quality deliverables aligned with operational efficiency approach using rigorous work planning and project management approach:
- Proposing timelines
- Defining tasks and resource requirements
- Executing project activities as planned
- Tracking deliverables
- Conducting stakeholder management activities as assigned
- Monitoring and reporting on progress and proactive problem resolution to achieve deliverables
- Identifying dependencies and co-ordinate issues resolutions and business risk mitigation; escalate issues for senior management decision
- Chair cross-functional meetings to ensure engagement and alignment;
- Participate in and support special projects and initiatives requiring inputs on grant management regulations / operational policy, procedures and systems.
Grant operational system design
- Track and propose future operational systems needs and provide assessment of resource needs and benefits;
- Develop and revise grant management procedures in consultation with business owners;
- Coordinate with the relevant business process owners and Specialist, Operational Integration to conduct an integrated review to assess the impact of proposed changes to policies and regulations on procedures, systems and data;
- Develop business requirements and coordinate with IT on solutions development; review translation into functional specifications; draft test scripts; coordinate with IT and the Specialists, Operational Integration on data migration strategy, timelines and requirements ensuring data migration and integration is completed on time;
- Design and execute UAT and Go Live approach; manage the elaboration, execution and closure of the user acceptance testing plan for the system delivery of assigned streams, including coordination with business process owners;
- Document revised procedures and provide them to the Change Coordination team to be uploaded on the GM SharePoint site.
Business process change management & support
- In coordination with business owners and GM Change Coordination team, develop change management plan and materials (i.e., communications, training and launch planning) for policy, process and systems changes guaranteeing the stewardship of all stakeholders;
- Execute change management activities as assigned
- Implement an end-user support model for business process, ensure high-quality and timely support and regular tracking of user queries and incidents.
Compliance monitoring & learning
- In coordination with DASH, propose risk-based monitoring approach for his/her grant business process; including proposing performance improvement targets if applicable;
- Monitor key operational efficiency metrics and document exceptions to report to senior managers and feedback to business owners;
- Draft FAQs for policy, process and systems related questions, based on support queries received;
- Undertake diagnosis of operational business process and procedures on periodic basis (for example, every three years) to define improvements and good practices.
At the request of the Head, Grant Portfolio Solutions and Support or the Senior Manager, Operational Efficiency undertake additional tasks to allow GPS to flexibly respond to evolving priorities or urgent needs of the organization.
- Overtime reduction in workload and duration of key grant management processes
- Successful delivery of assigned project activities and milestones of the grant management transformation initiative
- On-time delivery of business process changes, according to agreed corporate timelines
- Successful implementation of change management
- Reduction in support queries and user errors
- [Longer term] Improvement in individual performance of grant management staff on key metrics of operational efficiency
- Stewardship and continued engagement of key stakeholders
Place of Performance: Geneva
Start Date: asap
End Date: end of June 2021
- University degree in operations, public policy, public health, finance, economics, business administration, informational technology, engineering or other relevant area or equivalent professional training.
- Advanced degree in any of the above fields
Qualification in project management or equivalent, or work experience in a project management/change management/business improvement capacity and/or qualifications
- Experience with project management methodology;
- Experience coordinating between cross-divisional teams;
- Experience implementing organizational change using change management techniques.
- At least three years of professional experience, including in policy development, business processes analysis or program planning and management;
- Knowledge of the organization and its policies, processes, procedures and IT systems;
- Knowledge of Salesforce Platform;
- Hands-on experience of the organization grants, within the Secretariat, as a Recipient, a Local Fund Agent or a partner organization; and
- International development experience, including in an international organization, non-profit or private sector, an advantage.
An excellent knowledge of English and preferably a good working knowledge of French or one of the following: Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and Spanish. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- Business process improvement
- Policy development
- Excellent computer skills including PowerPoint, Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Change management
- Solution oriented analysis – ability to create business relevant appropriate and creative solutions
- Interpersonal diplomacy and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage conflict and provide appropriate solutions
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Results and action-oriented
- Ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities under tight deadlines
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Personal Effectiveness
- Working with Others
- Core Expertise
- People Leadership
- The Organization Mind-set
- Project Management
Division/Department: Grant Portfolio Services and Support